1. The Northwest Georgia Regional Commission’s Area Agency Advisory Council will hold its quarterly business meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 28, at the Sara Hightower Regional Library in the Coosa Room beginning at 10 a.m. and concluding at noon.
2. Haven, a support group for women, meets each Tuesday at 2 p.m. in the auditorium of the Cedartown Housing Authority, 344 West Ave. A group discusses such issues as domestic violence, sexual assault and addictions among other topics. The group is described as a place where women can safely talk about any problem or issue they may be having. For more information, contact 770-748-6633 or 770-748-2300.
3. All 4th and 5th grade girls interested in joining Girl Scouts are invited to contact Karen Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678-757-0076 for more information; troop meets alternate Tuesdays after school until 5 pm.
4. The Cedartown City Commission and Cedartown-Polk Hospital Authority will meet in special session on Tuesday, Feb. 28 at 6 p.m. in the council room in city hall.
5. The Polk School District Board of Education will hold a special session meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 28, at 6 p.m. at the central office.
If you have an event you would like listed in the PolkFishwrap, contact Jake Carter email@example.com or call 770-748-1520.